Wet Weather Options
A bit or rain doesn't need to spoil your day!
There are plenty of things to do on a rainy day and Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound are spectacular in the rain. Waterfalls abound along the route to Milford Sound and once there watch the mountains "weeping" with thousands of instant waterfalls. Grab an umbrella and a raincoat and enjoy the purest rain in the World.
Rainy day activities:
- Drive to Milford on a rainy day and check out the waterfalls
- Fill your drink bottle at Monkey Creek
- Visit the Department of Conservation Visitor Centre and take a look at the displays about Fiordland
- Take a trip to the Te Anau Glow Worm Caves
- Watch the Ata Whenua movie whilst enjoying a glass of Pinot Noir at the Fiordland Cinema
- Have a coffee at one of our many cafes and watch the world go by
- Enjoy some retail therapy at our range of shops including souvenirs, merino products, clothing and sporting goods.
- Have a massage or some pampering at a beauty spa