Fiordland is a place where scale is nearly unfathomable, rainfall is measured in metres, and the scenery showcases exceptional beauty. It is a treasured part of the world where mountains and valleys battle for space and wildlife reigns supreme. So come on down and enjoy all that Fiordland has to offer,
seeing is believing after all.
So you're thinking of adding Fiordland to your travel plans? Great now let us tell you how easy it is to get here!
Te Anau is the heart and soul of Fiordland, a small tourist town with everything you need to set you up for an epic adventure further into Fiordland, Te Anau is located only 2 hours from Queenstown and a little less than 2 hours from Invercargill. On our doorstep you will find a third of the country's Great Walks, Glowworms and Takahē. Hop on a coach and in just 2hrs you will be standing at the foot of the mighty Mitre Peak in Piopiotahi Milford Sound or in just 20mins you can step aboard a cruise departing for a day trip to Patea / Doubtful Sound.
• Get a glacial facial by standing directly under a waterfall
• Photograph the cheeky Kea in flight
• Explore the forests & mountains with a day hike along one of our Great Walk trails
• Fly in the South Island's only seaplane
• Spend the evening stargazing the majestic Fiordland sky
• Have a snow flight along the Milford Road
• Marvel at the sun setting over the fiords
• Try our famous Fiordland wild venison
• Take on the Polar Plunge and jump into one of our lakes
• Get up close to our birdlife, especially the Takahē